Yokneam, Israel 14-Jan-2016 – Compulab is unveiling Airtop, a revolutionary fanless desktop PC, capable of dissipating 200W by a novel silent cooling-system that generates natural airflow using no moving parts. FanlessTech.com – the definitive source for fanless-computing news – wrote “Airtop is a technical marvel, an absolute dream come true. The game-changer we were waiting for.”
Airtop is an extremely versatile platform:
- Airtop-W is the only fanless small-form-factor workstation with an Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 and full-height NVIDIA® QUADRO® M4000 graphics card.
- Airtop-G is a zero-fans gaming desktop with an Intel® Core™ i7 Processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 950 graphics card.
- Airtop-S is a passively cooled server with an Intel® Xeon® Processor E3, 32 GB ECC RAM, 4 hard-disks in RAID and 6 Gbit Ethernet ports.
All Airtop models come with a 5 year warranty.
Breakthrough natural-airflow cooling
Passive cooling is silent, reliable and requires no maintenance. Airtop’s unprecedented passive-cooling capacity is achieved by a patent-pending heat-exchange system that stimulates airflow without moving parts.
“Compulab’s key corporate-value is innovation” said Gideon Yampolsky, Compulab CEO. “For several years we have been researching a new concept of natural air-flow (NAF) cooling and for the last 3 years we developed Airtop as a practical implementation of the technology. It is noteworthy that Airtop’s cooling capacity surpasses that of similar active cooling desktops. However, the real breakthrough in NAF technology is its scalability. Unlike conventional fanless cooling that scales with surface area, NAF scales with volume, making it an effective solution for many real-world cooling problems.”
Airtop is a compact 7.5 liter desktop, yet its 200W power-envelope allows incorporating not only a high performance desktop processor, but also a full-height professional graphics card – a combination that provides unparalleled performance for a small-form-factor PC. “We designed the Airtop motherboard from the ground up to maximize performance, reliability and functionality” said Yuval Sela, Airtop hardware architect. “Every aspect was considered starting from thermally-optimized component placement, redundancy of power, networking and storage up to making Airtop’s interior completely cable-free for easy servicing.”
A silent SFF workstation
A workstation is essential for high productivity but conventional workstations tend to be bulky, noisy and distracting. Airtop’s silent-cooling, high performance and small dimensions make it an ideal, distraction-free workstation that dramatically improves the work environment quality. The industrial design is focused on appearance, ergonomics and usability. Airtop-W is smaller than other SFF workstations, with a narrow silhouette and an integrated OLED Monitor displaying real-time system information. Airtop-W is designed for easy in-place servicing by tool-free clamshell-opening that does not interfere with connected cables.
Passively cooled server
Airtop-S is a capable small-footprint server that can be deployed in extreme conditions.
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E3, 32 GB ECC RAM
- 6 internal storage devices including 4x 2.5” SATA 3 HDD/SSD with RAID support
- 6 Gbit Ethernet ports
- Up to 4 extension cards
Reliability: Maintenance-free passive cooling, dual power supply, ECC RAM, RAID support, TPM, hardened all-aluminum housing
Availability: 6x LAN + WiFi + cellular, 3 serial ports, industrial grade motherboard with power and temperature sensors
Serviceability: Tool-free opening, detachable hard-disks-cartridge, easy access to RAM and extension cards
Openness by design
“Compulab believes users should have the freedom to fit their computer to their exact needs, and Airtop is our most user-friendly computer to-date” said Irad Stavi, Chief Product Officer at Compulab. “It was very important to us to allow users to choose hardware, install and upgrade it at will. Too often, passive-cooling stands in the way of easy service, so Airtop is noteworthy for addressing the challenge of excellent serviceability of a fanless system.” Airtop has the disks, memory and extension cards neatly arranged for easy tool-free access. All Airtop models are available Barebone or pre-installed with Linux Mint or Windows. Airtop is also available as a DIY kit.
- Patent-pending passive-cooling based on natural airflow
- Noise level: 0dB
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1285L v4 (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i7-5775C Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz)
- (Other LGA1150 compatible CPUs are optional)
- Intel® C226 Chipset
- Dual channel DDR3-1866 ECC/non ECC up to 32 GB (240-pin, 2 slots)
- Intel HD Graphics (integrated)
- NVIDIA Quadro M4000 (optional)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC+ GAMING (optional)
- (Other full-height single slot graphics cards are optional)
- 2x HDMI 1.4 + 1x DisplayPort 1.2 (integrated)
- 4x DisplayPort 1.2 (with Quadro M4000) or 3x DisplayPort 1.2 + 1x HDMI 2.0 (with GTX 950)
- 4x 2.5” SATA 3.0 HDD/SSD with RAID support
- 1x M.2 M-key SATA 3.0
- 1x mSATA SATA 3.0
- 2x Gbit Ethernet (integrated)
- 4x Gbit Ethernet (optional, using FACE Module)
- WiFi 802.11ac + BT 4.0 (miniPCIe)
- 2x SIM sockets for cellular data communication (by miniPCIe modems)
- 4x SMA antennas
- 4x USB 3 (rear panel)
- 6x USB2 (2 on rear panel, 4 front facing by FACE Module)
- 3x RS232 ports
- Optical S/PDIF output (Toslink)
- HDMI audio
- 1x PCIe x16 Gen 3 (shared with graphics card)
- 2x miniPCIe (shared with WiFi adapter)
- Compulab Function And Connectivity Extension Module (FACE Module) (normally used for front USB ports)
- All aluminum case (die cast, extrusion and machining)
- Tool-free clamshell opening with Kensington lock
- 10 cm (w) x 30 cm (h) x 25.5 cm (d) – 4” (w) x 12” (h) x 10” (d)
- Weight: 4 – 7 kg (depending on configuration)
- Input: 19V DC – mini-DIN
- Backup input: 19V DC – mini-DIN
- Power consumption: 10W – 200W
- Standard: 00C – 450C
- Extended: -200C – 700C
- Industrial: -400C – 700C
- 5% – 95% (non condensing)
Airtop pricing and availability
Airtop samples are available now for reviewers and select business customers. Compulab accepts pre-orders for Airtop models with supplies starting in Q1’16. Models available initially:
- Airtop-DIY (CPU not included) starting from $1128
- Airtop-S (Xeon E3 V4 and 6 Gbit Ethernet ports) starting from $1810
- Airtop-G (Core-i7 and GTX 950) starting from $1968
- Airtop-W (Xeon E3 V4 and Quadro M4000) starting from $2999
Details about additional models will be announced as they become available.
- CompuLab sales: email@example.com +972-4-8290168
- Press contact: Irad Stavi firstname.lastname@example.org +972-4-8290168
Airtop, 3 views
Airtop is a technical marvel,
an absolute dream come true.
The game-changer we were waiting for.
Airtop natural-airflow (NAF) introduction
Airtop’s clamshell opening